ADVICE FOR THE TOURISTS
FOR YOUR SAFETY DURING HOLIDAYS- THE RIO NEGRO POLICE IS 24 HOURS WITH YOU
WHEN YOU TRAVEL
- Do not carry a large amount of money with you.
- Use traveller checks or credit cards.
- If you drive organize your route and do it on the main roads.
- Check the general state of your car and safety elements.
- Do not tell strangers about your plans.
- Lock your car when you park it.
- Do not leave wallets, check books or bags inside the vehicle.
- Do not get strangers on the car.
- If your car has suffered any damage, turn on the headlights and open the bonnet up.
AT THE BUS STATION
- Do not leave your luggage alone.
- Always pay attention to children who travel with you.
- Do not carry money or valuables inside bags.
- To leave the bus station, always do it in taxis or authorized cars.
- If you leave the station on foot, be cautious to accept any service given by a stranger.
- When you buy your tickets, never show how much money you carry.
AT THE HOTEL
- Be sure to lock the doors.
- Ask who it is before opening the door.
- Use the safe at the hotel.
- Do not carry all the money with you.
- Use the emergency exits, lifts and public telephones.
- Tell the manager any strange movement you observe on the outskirts.
WHEN YOU GO FOR A WALK OR A RIDE
- Always ask the villagers about dangerous places and avoid them.
- Be sure your children know the address and telephone number of the place you are staying at.
- Do not stop your vehicle in front of garages.
- If by any urgency you have to leave your car, put a notice on it with your contact telephone number.
WHEN YOU ARE IN A PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- When you are in a public transport, put your valuables on your body, preferably in your front pockets of your shirt or trousers or inside your bag as long as it is well protected and you are able to see it.
- If you take these precautions you will avoid the action of the so called â€œcarteristasâ€ who take advantage of the crowd and usually act in two, causing pushes and stumbles.
- The same precaution must be taken when you walk on the street.
- Especially where there is a crowd.
SAFETY IN HIGH RISE BUILDINGS- EVACUATING
- Be sure you know the exit routes of the building and do not omit calling the Fire Brigade.
- Try to learn about the location and use of elements installed against fire.
- Be calm before a risky situation, do not have attitudes to cause panic.
- Before abandoning the place, check the total absence of people, especially children.
- Do not run, walk fast, closing the most number of doors and windows on your way. This will prevent the fire spreading. Always go down, avoid going up, except in basements or underground passages.
TOURISTS: Your police suggest these recommendations that will allow you to have safer holidays. If you put this into practice you will be better protected.
AVOID PEOPLE IN YUR HOUSE THROUGH CHEATING
- It is very common for criminals to commit thefts or robberies to houses. Through different types of cheating they make you open your house door and they quickly come into it to commit illegal deeds.
USEFUL TELEPHONE NUMBERS THE 24 HOURS, FROM ANY PLACE WITHOUT ANY COST.
FIRE BRIGADE: 100